- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Roundtable: The Trust Fund to End Violence against Women
25. Jänner 2021 @ 18:00 - 20:00
We are happy to welcome Adina Wolf (UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women, Resource Mobilization and Reporting Specialist) for a virtual talk on January 25th to tell us more about her work at the UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women.
For REGISTRATION send us an E‑Mail email@example.com until the 24th of January!
The UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women (UN Trust Fund) awards grants to initiatives that demonstrate that violence against women and girls can be systematically addressed, reduced and, with persistence, eliminated.
Since its creation in 1996, the UN Trust Fund has awarded USD 128 million to 462 initiatives in 139 countries and territories. Its current portfolio comprises 120 grants totalling USD 50 million in 80 countries and territories.
Established by UN General Assembly and administered by UN Women on behalf of the UN System, the UN Trust Fund works with non-governmental organizations (NGOs), governments and UN country teams to:
- prevent violence against women and girls by empowering groups especially at risk of violence, including adolescent girls and indigenous or ethnic minority women, and engaging strategically with boys and men as well as traditional and faith-based leaders to prevent violence;
- improve access to services, such as legal assistance, psychosocial counselling and health care, by increasing the capacity of service providers to respond effectively to the needs of women and girls affected by violence; and
- strengthen implementation of laws, policies and action plans on violence against women and girls through data collection and analysis, and by ensuring that institutions are more effective, transparent and accountable in addressing violence against women.